Welcome to part 2 of 3 of the Lady Dick’s mini-series on ghost ships… we’ve got some mutiny, possible piracy and a whole lot of mystery. The ladies of the #DickSquad tell you the stories of the 1917 crew-less ship the Zebrina, the Swedish SS Baychimo, the Indonesian SS Ourang Medan, the missing crew of the MV Joyita, the performance of a lifetime that ended in tragedy of the Ocean Wave and the story of the runaway High Aim 6.
The Lady Dicks are so dedicated that this episode was recorded on their vacation to Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, where Tae tried to set up a meet-cute with a Idaho State trooper, Nikki gave her connoisseur cooler reviews and Andrea spilled the beans a little early on the cannibal rats. It gets a little dicey and the waters are a little rough, but if you jump on board we’ll do our best not to sink the ship.
Welcome to the Haunted True Crime Podcast… we’re mostly just dickin’ around but we try to keep this shit just a little bit classy.
If you enjoy this episode, please rate and review us on your favourite app. And if that’s not enough you can join us on Patreon at the Lady Dicks. You can connect with the Lady Dicks on Instagram and Twitter @theladydicks. This episode was researched and voiced by Nikki K., Andrea C. & Tae H., “the Lady Dicks.” And was written, edited and produced by Tae H. Our music was licenced through Audio Jungle and is aptly titled “Creepy Music Box.”
For any questions, comments or inquiries you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places where we found information...
- Mary Celeste – The Ghost Ship, Bermuda Attractions
- Abandoned Ship: The Mary Celeste, Smithsonian Magazine
- GHOST SHIPS: JIAN SENG, Angels & Ghosts
- The ghost ships that haunt the oceans, The Guardian
- Mystery shrouds ghost ship found off Queensland coast, Sydney Morning Herald.
- Creepy History: Ghost Ships, The Historical Novel.
- Modern Sea Mysteries: Solving the mystery of Jure Sterk, Seabreeze.
- A Slovenian sailor vanished in the Indian Ocean, RTV SOL.
- The unexplained mystery of the missing people from the MV Joyita, CoolInterestingStuff.com.
- What Happened To The MV Joyita, The Mary Celeste Of The South Pacific? Made From History.
- Joyita – 1955 “Mary Celeste of the South Pacific”, NightWatch Paranormal.
- Kaz II Mystery, The Paranormal Guide.
- Australian coroner ends mystery of ‘ghost ship’, The Guardian.
- Mystery of the Kaz II, Unexplained Australia.
- Valencia, SS, the Wreck of (1906), History Link.org.
- SS Valencia, Nightwatch Paranormal.
- Ghost Ship: SS Valencia, Seeks Ghosts.
- In Search of Bas Jan Ader, the Artist Who Disappeared at Sea, Hyperallergic.com.
- Ghost Ship Sea Bird, BIGDUMBOAT.
- The Ghost Ship Sea Bird: An Unnatural Fear of Historical Plot Holes, Esoterx.com.