The Lady Dicks Podcast is back for season three and we’re kicking off this season with three quick Halloween origin stories.
Do you know how witches first became associated with Halloween? Or how about the fact that single women have historically performed rituals in an attempt to reveal the name of their future husbands (how-to guides included)? Or even why we have Jack O’Lanterns?
Well strap in, throw your headphones on and kick back to hang out with your three besties for the kickoff episode of The Lady Dicks Podcast season three.
The Lady Dicks did not just magically come up with this information themselves, they, in fact, did research beyond Wikipedia (thanks jerky iTunes reviewer for your one-star comment), and here are those sources:
- Jack O’Lanterns and The Tale Of Stingy Jack, Pumpkin Nook.
- 100 Years Ago Halloween Was Husband Hunting Day, Cow Hampshire.
- 8 Creepy Things To Know About The History Of Halloween, Bustle.
- 15 Spooky Halloween Traditions and Their Origins, Mental Floss.
- The spooky history of Halloween: 7 things you never knew, Dayton Daily News.
- 10 Spooky Facts About Halloween, Listverse.
- 7 facts about Halloween that are so creepy they’ll keep you up at night, Hello Giggles.
- A brief history of Halloween – scary things you didn’t know about October 31, BT.com.
- 14 Weird Facts About The History Of Halloween Around The World, Ranker.
The Lady Dicks Podcast was created by Tae Haahr. The Lady Dicks are Andrea Campion, Nikki Kipping and Tae Haahr. This episode was produced, researched, written and edited by Tae Haahr.