Pack your bags and grab your plane ticket, on this episode of The Lady Dicks Podcast the #DickSquad invite you to pack your bags and join them for an investigation in their hometowns of Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC.
They ladies will be dic-tecting the murders of Donnie Goss and Gary Billings, and about the boy named Donnie that used to hang out at the Calgary Zoo Bridge… the bridge has since been removed, so there’s no word on if he still hangs out there.
You’ll also hear the murderous history of Canadian veteran and class-A d-bag Donald Sherman Staley who got arrested for stealing a chocolate bar and ended up being hanged for murder.
There’s also some talk about Nazi’s in Medicine Hat and a painfully long explanation of what the RCMP are. So, strap in, you’re in for a real treat.
Note: This podcast was recorded under the name “The Haunted True Crime Podcast” which later became The Lady Dicks Podcast. So pardon the name change. We assure you that the real Lady Dicks are standing up!
Did you love this episode? Pin it to share it!
Would you visit the area where the former Calgary Zoo Bridge was? Tell us in the comments below ??????
The Lady Dicks did not just magically come up with this information themselves, they, in fact, did research beyond Wikipedia (thanks jerky iTunes reviewer for your one-star comment), and here are those sources:
- Alberta’s largest mass Hanging, Edmonton Journal.
- Donald Sherman Staley, Find a Grave.
- Murder Of Donnie Goss 1946 Calgary AB, Dorothy Martell (YouTube).
- Donald Sherman Staley, Murderpedia.
- Haunted Calgary Zoo Bridge, CalgaryBuzz.
- Our Town: Bye bye Calgary Zoo bridge, Calgary Herald.
- After two false starts, Calgary’s zoo bridge is on the move, Calgary Herald.
- Calgary City Census for 1946, Government of Alberta Municipal Affairs.
The Lady Dicks Podcast was created by Tae Haahr. The Lady Dicks are Andrea Campion, Nikki Kipping and Tae Haahr. This episode was produced, researched, written and edited by Tae Haahr.